Join Wanda as she travels to her family’s region
This northern tip of Croatia borders Slovenia, Italy and the Adriatic sea. It is considered the culinary gem of Croatia. In land, the Istrian medieval hilltop towns and surrounding forests and fields have a similar topography and agriculture to Tuscany. It has been often referred to as “Tuscany North”.
Join Me For An Unforgettable Journey
Departing Mid-Sept 2020
8 Days. 7 Nights
Along the beautiful clear blue waters of the Adriatic, the Istrian towns of Rovinj, Novigrad and Pula have breathtaking scenic views, historic treasures, relaxed culture and a vibrant sea life. Combining this fact along with a deep history to Northern Italian roots, Istria is home to incredible culinary dishes and drinks which rival Italian food and wine from the land and the sea. Once such culinary dish is the region’s local pasta, “Fuzi”. This penne-like pasta is often served with a slathering of fresh shaved white or black truffles (which of course, you will definitely experience)!
- Land Transport
- Boutique Hotel and Spa Accomodation in a picturesque medieval town
- Breakfast, most lunches and dinners
- Truffle Hunt and Truffle Tasting at Wanda’s family’s Truffle Tasting Centre in the famed city of truffles – Buzet.
- Visit to the UNESCO world heritage sites in Pula
- Visit to wineries and local artisans with tours and tastings
- Hike and explore local terrain
- Entrance to a local thermal bath for spa, swim, exercise, relax
- Trip to a seaside beach for sun, swim and shop
- Walking tour of Rovign
- All the details to follow…until then ,please contact us for your interest. email@example.com
Meet the infamous “Truffle Whisperer” – Anita Zigante. My aunt (pictured on the right) is well-known in the Truffle Community as the leading expert in training pups to seek and find truffles – which also makes her one of the finest truffle hunters in the world. During our visit to Istria, you will have a private small group tour with Anita and her two of her top truffle hunting dogs. This will be a unforgettable highlight of your trip.
FURRY FUN FACT
Did you know that a properly trained Truffle Dog is worth up to 12,000 Euros! What distinguishes a top-earning truffle dog is a dog who can competently hunt for both black and white truffles. These super sniffers know the differences between black and white truffles and they understand which truffle to search for during any given season.